Saturday, January 6, 2007

A New Start

A week into the new year, 2007, and I already have to make a new start!

I have been soooo lazy! Those who know me may have a hard time picturing this but I really have been worse than usual. One day last week, I watched television all day. One day, I stayed in my Bible all morning (not necessarily a bad thing), then was on the computer in the afternoon. I barely got in a good two hours of cleaning and picking up.

You see, that was my goal, and one I thought would be easy: a room a week. Now, I am not talking about picking up, but deep cleaning, as in moving furniture, re-arranging, THROWING stuff, dusting, varuuming...! Every time I do this, I am able to part with more 'stuff' I don't really need or have room for.

Do you ever leave your own bedroom last? I do; I don't invite company in it, it's just for Jim and me, so I clean other rooms first. You can guess what happens, it becomes a disaster area. Jim asked me to please start with our room. This comes from the man, like THE HOME ON THE RANGE, "where never is heard a discouraging word" and so I know the room is really even worse that I think!

I still have today, Saturday, to meet my commitment. Maybe I could extend it a day because Monday was a holiday and Jim was home and we just lolled around. Maybe I am procrastinating, or trying to find a place to set the blame for not meeting my own deadline. Maybe if I look busy with other things, Jim will do it. Maybe, maybe, maybe!

Wish me luck!

No comments: